Sunday, March 7, 2010

New Themes Looking Nice with UNE

I posted about running UNE on my desktop a week or so ago. This morning due to some East -> West jet lag I ended up waking up a bit early, so I dist-upgraded my desktop while drinking my coffee.

Since I had tinkered with the theme previously, it was not automatically applied. I chose Radiance since it is sunny in my office in the mornings. I changed to the new desktop wallpaper as well.

I like how the wallpaper suffuses the launcher with the new color scheme. And I am finding the new window decorators and colors to be quite nice as well.

Funny how I currently liking UNE on my desktop computer, and the desktop on my Dell mini 10v.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, why do you like Ubuntu Desktop on your netbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The themes are on a large resolution. You should try to see how the icons spacing looks on a netbook: 70% of the screen width :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used the new themes on my Dell mini 10v for 10+ hours a day since they came out. I did not find them problematic in the least, and in fact found them a significant improvement.

    ReplyDelete